The board-and-train style dog training programs have an extremely high success rate in a short period of time. In short, your dog stays with us and returns home a changed dog.
This board-and-train boot camp option is ideal for anyone looking for a more highly trained dog or to more quickly address behaviour issues. It is also an ideal fit for anyone going on vacation, busy with work, moving to a new home or needing some time to relax.
You get the most for your money with this program. The board-and-train "boot camp" program includes all of the training as well as human and dog socialization sessions, exercise and continuous work with basic manners at our training centre and daycare facility. The program is fully customizable and may cover any topic including standard obedience, specific goals or behavioural rehabilitation.
As with all of our programs, we are your support system moving forward and include ongoing maintenance to ensure your success. Our goal is to allow you to relax while we expedite the learning curve so that you can jump right into re-establishing a great relationship at home.
The typical program is 3-4 weeks (you may do as short or long as you like) and is tailored specifically to your goals and the needs of the dog. The costs for the program include all training as well as all boarding costs, daycare and socialization, exercise, behaviour modification, etc.
The programs begin with a comprehensive intake interview and dog profile where we work with you to create a training strategy. The training methods and behaviour modification techniques are tailored specifically to your comfort level and to the goals of each dog; for example, high drive dogs are trained through play and drive to give you increased control and low confidence dogs are trained using confidence building exercises.
Although customizable, most programs have the benifit of including many of the obedience topics from our Fundamentals Obedience program in addition to the training efforts selected based on your goals. Each program is a little different but the end goal is typically the same - the return of a rehabilitated or trained dog. We focus on ensuring that every part of their life is governed by dog behaviour best practices and we send all dogs home with documentation and support to ensure ongoing success..
All of our board-and-train programs include all of the following:
- Ongoing support for the life of your dog
- 5-8 customized training sessions each week
- A complete written training analysis with a session-by-session breakdown
- Daycare playtime and dog socialization with a focus on proper socialization skills
- Photos and Videos of the daily socialization/play sessions where possible - so you don't miss them too much
- Human socialization with experienced handlers to achieve the best manners
- Increased care and attention from our staff to ensure appropriate behaviour at all times
- Overnight boarding
We also have an upgraded package for our tougher guests or any owner interested in even more services. As well as all of the standard services, you may also receive:
- Weekly coaching sessions to get you involved during their stay
- Training video sessions - for reference and updates
- A comprehensive behaviour document complete with program recommendations
- An in-home behaviour modification program
- Account credits towards a future training session
- Included admissions to our next behaviour workshop
- Increased daily behaviour modification from our handlers
- Increased supervision for those who are reactive, under socialized or who are unaltered adults
This program is ideal for any of the following:
- General obedience
- Nervousness / timid
- Agressive / reactive
- Rescue dogs
- Puppy basics / training
- Behaviour modification
- Incident rehabilitation
- Excessive barking
- Confidence building
- Proper socialization / under socialized
- Preparation for security / working
- A great option to regular boarding
- Frustrated owners, busy owners or any owner looking for the best results fast!
Please contact us with any further questions!