The board-and-train style dog training programs have an extremely high success rate in a short period of time. In short, your dog stays with us and returns home as a trained dog.
This board-and-train boot camp option is ideal for anyone looking for a trained dog or to quickly fix behaviour issues. It is also an ideal fit for anyone going on vacation, busy with work, moving to a new home or needing some time to relax.
You get the most for your money with this program. The board-and-train program includes all training as well as daily human and dog socialization sessions, daily exercise and constant work with basic manners at our training centre and daycare facility. The program is fully customizable to cover any topics from standard obedience, specific goals or behavioural rehabilitation.
We include ongoing support to ensure your success. Our goal is to act as a reset switch and allow you to skip by the learning curve so that you can jump right into re-establishing a proper relationship.
The typical program is a 3-4 week program (you may do as short or long as you like) and is tailored specifically to your goals and the needs of the dog. These programs include all training as well as all boarding costs, daycare and socialization, exercise, behaviour modification, etc. The training methods and behaviour modification techniques are tailored specifically to your dog(s); for example, high drive dogs are trained through play and drive to give you increased control and low confidence dogs are trained using confidence building exercises.
Although customizable, the tyical program covers many of the topics from our standard obedience programs but has an additional focus on the rules and manners of being a dog. Each program is a little different but the end goal is typically the same - the return of a rehabilitated or trained dog. We focus on ensuring that every part of their life is governed by dog behaviour best practices and we send all dogs home with a behaviour program and a written report of our suggestions and exercises to move forward with the success.
All of our board-and-train programs include all of the following:
- Ongoing support for the life of your dog
- 5-10 customized training sessions each week
- Written documentation and reference materials
- In home behaviour modification program and suggestions
- Video play sessions - so you don't miss them too much
- Photos of play and socialization
- Increased care and attention from our staff to ensure appropriate behaviour at all times
- Daycare dog socialization with a focus on proper socialization skills
- Socialization with experienced handlers to achieve the best manners
- Overnight boarding
We are now offering several upgrade packages to allow further customization. As well as all of the standard services, you are also able to choose discounted rates on:
- Weekly training video sessions - for reference and updates
- A complete written training analysis with a session-by-session breakdown
- Weekly coaching sessions to get you involved during their stay
- Follow up private coaching or vouchers towards group classes
- Increased daily behaviour modification from our handlers
- Increased supervision for those who are reactive, under socialized or who are unaltered adults
- Off site training sessions including sessions with our pack walk groups for dogs and owners
- Raw food preparation and training food/treats supplied by AKA
- Training collars and other tools to take home with you after the program
This program is ideal for any of the following:
- General obedience
- Nervousness / timid
- Agressive / reactive
- Rescue dogs
- Puppy basics / training
- Behaviour modification
- Incident rehabilitation
- Excessive barking
- Confidence building
- Proper socialization / under socialized
- Preparation for security / working
- A great option to regular boarding
- Frustrated owners, busy owners or any owner looking for the best results fast!
Please contact us with any further questions!